Sunday, April 10, 2016

Highlights from Emerald City Comic Con 2016 in Seattle

I just came back from from the 2016 Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle, and I have to say I was impressed by the size and breadth of this Comic Con.  Being a Canadian, I'm used to Comic Conventions here in Vancouver, and I knew that Canadian Comic Conventions are really "small fry" compared to the big extravaganzas like San Diego Comic Con, C2E2 in Chicago, Wonder Con, etc.

The layout of the floors at the Washington State Convention Centre for a newcomer like me, but I was really impressed by the artist alley.  I was able to see in-person huge comic book talents like Fiona Staples, Klaus Janson, Sanford Greene, Francis Manapul and so many other great artists.  I got a Flash poster autographed by Mr. Manapul and I was able to witness his sketching style on another fan's notebook -- very cool!

In terms of celebrities, there were numerous celebrity guests, and they included Nathan Fillion (Firefly), Eldon Henson (Daredevil), Norman Reedus (Walking Dead), Ksenia Solo (Lost Girl), and Lana Parrilla (Once Upon a Time). Actually, I sympathize with these celebrities who have to deal with unruly fans and their often bizarre costumes and behaviours.  And speaking of costumes, the most popular costumes at this Con included Hawk Girl, Maleficent, Deadpool, and Spider-Man, but there were also very cool original costumes like a Miss Piggy Wonder Woman.  I sign off with some scenes from Emerald City Comic Con...


Ms. Wonder-Piggy!!



Neal Adams' Booth


Francis Manapul Signing an Autograph


The Thirteenth Floor's posters of Star Wars
in World War setting was a hot seller.


Panel Discussion on the 20th Anniversary
of the Launch of Windows 95. Very Funny and very nerdy!


Show Floor




No comments:

Post a Comment